Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Real Time Update

To my faithful few:

I wanted to take a moment and give real time update on my travels, as I have gotten into the bad habit of recounting experiences weeks late (at this rate I might as well scrap the blog and just send you all letters...you would get the news in about the same amount of time). After a grueling 11.5 hour flight from Buenos Aires, I have arrived in Madrid. It's 4:30 AM, dark and cold (3 degrees Celsius). I'm smelling a lot better than I thought I would after such a long flight, but I'm far from 100%. The scene is very different from the Buenos Aires airport in many ways, chief among them is the racial diversity. That said, I'm still getting a number of curious looks from both the Africans and the European Spainairds; I supposed even in the midst of this diversity I somehow find a way to stick out.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to stay awake until my connecting 3:30 PM flight to London. I probably won't make it...without sleep I mean. Now it's only a matter of finding a good place to rest my eyes for a few moments...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Madrid! I was born and lived the first 2 years of my life there. Sadly I can't remember it. Awww. Yay! Be safe!