Wednesday, October 24, 2007

D-Day

The day has finally arrived. October 24th, 2007, 9:32 AM, LaGuardia Airport. I didn't sleep last night, too preoccupied by the fear of potentially leaving something crucial behind. I've had this nightmare over the past several nights of checking in only to realize that I've left my passport, or tickets for future flights. In these dreams I was fully clothed, so I felt no shame, only a fear that something would prevent me from taking advantage of this opportunity to see the world. Fortunately I think I've remembered most everything (at least the important stuff), though only time will tell.

For those interested enough to be reading about what's going on in my life, I appreciate it. There are apparently hundreds of thousands of blogs started each day, so it's not like your choices are limited. Thanks for tuning in to my little universe. I can't promise anything eloquent, as the quality of my writing has remained stagnant since my sophomore year of higschool; however, I will give as true an account of my experiences as I can, and will perhaps happen upon a few moments of inadvertant comedic brilliance. Who knows?

Welcome to my blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that this day has finally arrived for you, Chas, and the entire family. You are destined to do something, many things, great and meaningful (no pressure :-). Accordingly, this journey is important for you, your family & friends as well as unknown others. It will be exciting to see this as your life's journey unfolds.

Anonymous said...

Chas,
This experience for you is so great. You are on your way to a world tour and you’re not a Rock Star! My recollection of my trip to Europe when I was 21 was the enjoyment of people watching. How much they are like us yet how much they are different enjoy your new worlds.
Uncle Steve

Evan said...

Go make some bad decisions. they make for great stories

Brittany said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Chas, we're thinking of you at the Perry/Toliver home. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Hope you are well, learning, and enjoying!
Aunt Susan